Friday, November 03, 2006

Politics stink!

I hate political season, especially when it gets down and dirty. What makes it worse is Crazy Nag at work has to bring politics into the office. I thought she'd stop after the presidential elections back in 2004 (she's a staunch Republican) when she would defend her favorite candidate to me every day. All the mudslinging from the politicians or even the comments that the mostly liberal Democrats at work would utter, she'd come up with a retort but only unleash it on me. Lucky me! And I think no matter what side you're on, you gotta admit, Bush ain't the shiniest apple in the barrel (if you watched any of the debates back then for even a brief instant you'd know) but she refused to acknowledge it by refusing to watch the debates.

I think she was pretty good last year, but today she comes up to me and rants for a while about Democrats offering flu shots to those who register for their party, how that's unethical, blah blah blah. I haven't heard about this previously so I can't say that I've made up my mind about the issue but I wish she'd just keep mum about it and let me be!! Actually I think my defense mechanism has been built to oppose her no matter what, even if I agree with her (or maybe that's the devil's advocate in me). And since that was a convenient segway for her to bring up politics, she asked her friend to bring over a political cartoon that made fun of Kerry. I think I would have found this humorous in any other context but b/c she brought it up, I reserved any show of emotion (I know, not hard for me to do) and wished her to go away.

Now, her friend is also a Republican but she doesn't push it in anyone's face. Why can't Crazy Nag do the same?! Oh the stories I could tell about this Fox News-loving woman!

No comments: