Friday, December 08, 2006

Go bare!

Ever since I started using BareMinerals makeup, I can't help but rave about how great it is! It meets all the requirements I've ever wanted/needed in makeup: it's easy to apply (takes 5 minutes a day); comfortable (the minerals don't make my skin feel extra oily or like there's a layer of stuff sitting on my face -- I sometimes even forget that I'm wearing it); and it evens out my complexion, even concealing red spots and blemishes.

I tried out the Starter Kit, which includes the 2 foundations in Medium and Medium Beige, the Skin Rev-er Upper, Warmth All-Over Face Color, Mineral Veil, and 3 brushes. I use the Kabuki brush to apply the foundation for heavier coverage, then the concealer brush for those red spots (i.e. pimples and scars), then the All-Over brush to apply the Mineral Veil, which is like a finishing powder. After some use, I came to see that the Warmth thing does nothing for me (actually it doesn't look right on me) so I can cut out that step. I'm a bit torn, though, on which foundation is right for me (I may even need to combine the Medium with a Light b/c I think I'm in between).

But overall, I love this product. If you don't like the hassle of putting on makeup and you don't like the feeling of wearing makeup, you gotta try BareMinerals!

No comments: