Thursday, February 15, 2007

It ain't easy

This homemaking stuff is hard! I don't know how people manage to work, cook, clean, eat, sleep, and still manage to have some leisure time. Because right now, I do at least 2 of those aforementioned activities on the subway (sleep, read somewhat leisurely, and sometimes eat). Thankfully, Dear is there to do most of the cooking while I labor away at the apartment. It's moving along very slowly and it's obvious that things won't be ready in time for Chinese New Year. :( I now see why people need to hire maids to help clean, or nannies to take care of their children.

SIDENOTE: I remember a while ago, not having much to do (I was screaming boredom at the humdrum-ness of my life), and then all of a sudden, I had a wedding to plan, and now an apartment to make home, and no time to relax. Where was the busy-ness back then?!


Latest memorable meals: shrimp and pasta in a lemon and butter sauce and for V-day (aka pagan holiday) bacon-wrapped pork tenderloins and scallops. The pork, as the name suggests, is very tender and wrapping the bacon (my favorite all-time food!) made it taste like a big hunk o' tender bacon. I was in bacon heaven!

No comments: