Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Color update

I painted the first coat of a lovely gray in our little entry way. I can't wait to finish the second coat and then begin on the trim. I am hoping that the white trim will really make the gray pop. Funny how the colors I agonized the most over I like least and the ones that I was pretty nonchalant about I enjoy the most.

Some things to do:
- find a color for the main entrance door (I am leaning towards a glossy, primary blue)
- paint the hallway doors (after sanding them down, which looks daunting, with all the curves, ridges, and crevices)
- paint the hallway the same lovely gray as the entry way (I wish I discovered the gray earlier b/c I think I would have used it more throughout)
- get a runner (I saw an interesting idea in Blueprint magazine about connecting several small area rugs together -- I am toying with this idea)

No comments: