Monday, May 07, 2007

Hodge podge

Nora Ephron in this Sunday's NY Times Magazine: "Any catastrophe is good material for a writer."

I bought a bunch of used books this weekend (most women can't help themselves when clothes-shopping; Dear can't help himself around pens and kitchenware; I can't help myself around books!). I am looking forward to reading Kite Runner soon.

There is so much to read -- I want to cancel our weekend NY Times. I also have airline miles that are expiring so I ended up getting magazine subscriptions. "Blueprint" is proving to be an interesting read while Lucky magazine is the worst thing out there. It is basically a magazine of advertisements. They recommend so many things to buy each month I really don't know how people don't end up feeling overwhelmed. In just one feature, there are at least 3 different recommendations for a certain color blush -- how is that helpful to anyone (they don't rank which one is best, etc.)?

My mother asked me if I started writing yet, whether I'll be working on material for children or adults. She also was surprised that I don't make my living writing but that I work with websites instead. She wondered whether that was complicated and whether I have the skills for it (I've only been working with websites since I was in college more than seven years ago).

25 really is your body's peak. I never thought I'd get to the day where I realize that it takes me longer to heal from semi-strenuous activity (and longer to complete that activity, at that).

No comments: