Tuesday, August 28, 2007

In sickness and in health

As if there were any doubt, I have to reiterate that I have the best-est Dear in the world (beware, this is a mushy post). Let me count the ways:

He dropped me off at the hospital early yesterday morning, rushed home to finish the laundry, and then came back out to the City to pick me up.

He then waited hours with me (until 3am to be exact) until I was ready to leave the hospital (more on why it took so long in another post), foregoing dinner and sleep.

He made jokes about the pink kidney bean-shaped bedpan when I felt nauseous enough to throw up (but didn't).

He supplied me with a walkie talkie so that he can answer my every beck and call, including helping me pee, preparing meals, helping me change, helping me exercise, putting on my leg brace, and semi-arranging the flowers my co-workers sent me.

He set up a laptop by the bed so that I can do work (and blog, of course). He also set up the TV in case I get bored otherwise.

He slept on the couch so that I would have maximum room sleeping and wouldn't be disturbed.

He picked up my narcotics early this morning.

Tomorrow he will drive me to my physical therapy appointment in the city.

1 comment:

Orenji8 said...

Awwww... nobody ever doubted that your "dear" loves you. You're a lucky, lucky gal. I hope you feel better.