Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Queen of Queens

If I had my druthers, Queens would not be my borough of choice to live in, though it isn't as bad as that borough (we all know which I'm referring to, of course), and being in FH (probably the only area I would dare to call home in Queens) somewhat makes up for it. But two things that Queens has got a step up on above other parts of the city: good ethnic food and the highest rate of circulation in the public library. I'm not so sure the second thing is exactly positive, but through my rose-colored coke bottle glasses, I'm going to say that I'm proud that people are READING. (Of course I'm sure it's those darn DVDs that people are really borrowing, but I can hope.)

In terms of ethnic food, we've recently had several tastes of so-called "premium" fried chicken, Korean style. It is fried chicken like I've never had before -- extra crispy, yet still juicy, no breading, and lots of different seasonings. Since I can barely handle heat, the ones I've tried are a combination of sweet, garlicky, and a bunch of other unidentifiable (but good) flavors. I recommend Kyo Chon, which seems to be a chain that's popping up all over the place, hands down over Unidentified Flying Chicken (UFC). My hope is to venture into NJ, where I've heard their Korean fried chicken is even better!

1 comment:

dimm0k the drunken dragon said...

Hahah dayma! Reading is NOT fundamental! Where is Brooklyn ranked in all of this?